A few weeks ago we went to Bryan and Betony's for taco night. An invitation for dinner with friends is always welcome, and if that dinner is tacos, I am all the happier. I have it bad for tacos.

An adorable thing I do while eating tacos is exclaim: "I think these are the best tacos I've ever had." The tacos are always the same, always equally good, but I just love them so much that I think every taco is the best taco I've ever had. Having said that, it is quite possible that the tacos we had at B + B's, might have actually been the best tacos I've ever had.

Here were the highlights:
  • Taco beef cooked with taco seasoning, a jar of salsa, and a squirt of 1000 Islands dressing
  • Hard tacos wrapped in soft tacos using refried beans as the glue
  • Delicious homemade guacomole
  • Thick, amazing sour cream
  • Giant tacos loaded with awesomeness - I could only eat two but wanted ALL of them
Best tacos I ever had.

I thought about those tacos for days after, and then had to recreate them at home. We have re-done our meal plan to include two nights of these amazing tacos (leftovers for the win!) and we are looking into recipes to make our own refried beans. I might even have a go at soft tacos again, especially if I'm going to eat these every week...because obvioulsy I'm going to.

Here are the ones we tried at home. Forever thanks to B+B for their extensive knowledge of all that is delicious.
Refried beans on a soft taco (tortilla)

Soft tacos wrapped around hard tacos -- the best!

My filled tacos. This was day 2, so the guacamole was already all eaten

Holy crap these are so good! I want to eat them every day!


Posted by Jen B On Thursday, April 03, 2014 6 comments

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy the glue trick as well. Though I like my glue a wee bit thicker. I'm nuts for beans.

    Beans, beans, beans. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beans are great. Tonight we made home made tortillas and wrapped up spicy chick peas and rice in them. They were so good. I took some photos that I'll post about at some point. Beans are the best!

      Delete
    2. I was going to ask you if you'd try your hand at homemade tortillas. Very cool. I love all things homemade and all things, bread-like. Put the two together and it's a party in my kitchen.

      --------------------------------

      Yes, if someone didn't use the pulp, it'd just go in the bin. Though for me, depending on the produce I try and find fun ways to use it up, including dog treats.

      Make that penny stretch ...... the dots are representing the stretching of a penny. Because I don't know how to put an image of real stretched penny, in this comment.

      Delete
    3. I like when there is a party in the kitchen.

      Making the penny stretch is great. Love the dots! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy