Mom and I were brainstorming places to have lunch in Barrie, and after reviewing a few menus online, we finally decided on Moose Winooski's. I'd been there once before in high school (don't ask how long ago that was, please), but never made it back. Mom also remembers going an equally long time ago, so we were both looking forward to checking it out. After our fantastic meal there, we both said out loud "Why haven't we been coming here? It's sooooo good!" We can't wait to go back, and when we do, we'll definitely be ordering this kick ass poutine.

These were some of best tasting sweet potato fries I have ever eaten. Crispy and flavourful on their own, they were made even better by being covered in cheese, bacon, and ranch sauce. And the bacon was some of the best I've had in a long while. It was so smoky and full of flavour.... So good. All the tastes on this plate were just perfect together. Did I tell you I can't wait to go back?


Posted by Jen B On Friday, April 04, 2014 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love sweet potato fries. I like mine plain or with a wee bit of honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever had one I didn't like. They go well with soooo many flavours. Absolutely love them.

      Delete
  2. At the restaurant we made one that I didn't like. It was in a small cast iron, smash down the potato, then butter, brown sugar, white sugar and pineapple. Top with marshmallows and bake. For me, I cannot eat all that. I just want the potato, but customers really enjoyed the sweet overload.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried sweet potato with marshmallows but I've heard about it. I like it simple... shake on some spice or some sugar and good to go.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy