My sisters-in-law brought over two giant zucchinis from their garden.


I love zucchini, and I'm really looking forward to eating these. I'm going to try using them in baking, as I've always heard about doing that but have never tried it. I looked up some recipes this morning and think I'll make some zucchini brownies. They sound interesting and apparently the zucchini makes the brownies really moist. I'm excited to see if that's true.

In the mean time I fried some up for lunch, as fried zucchini is a favourite of mine. A little olive oil, a little s+p, and you have yourself a great side dish. Sometimes we even serve it over rice. Yum!


Have you ever baked with zucchini? If so, what did you make?


Posted by Jen B On Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. those look great. i simply LOVE zucchini just the way you did them (s,p, oil). they are an amazing veggie. i never had them baked, though. i have heard, too, that they make an excellent addition to brownies. i've seen them in other recipes but they escape my memory. let us know how the brownies come out. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fried zucchini is so great, right?? Mmmmm... I love it! Glad you love it too. I tried making the brownies today and will post about them tomorrow. Spoiler: they are really good! Cheers!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I didn't try them until my later twenties - just never got around to it, I guess. The first one I had was fried like above, and then I was hooked. They are pretty good! :)

      Delete
  3. I love them lightly fried and on good homemade bread. Oh man. Toast the bread in the pan and boy oh boy, good eating. Nothing like a good zuke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stuffing them with a rice and meat mixture! And I also love roasting them in the oven! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some big ones here - I think they would be perfect to stuff. I will have to try that.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy