Recently I made some rainbow cupcakes for a family get together and made marshmallow buttercream for the top (my favourite). I'm always really careful with how much frosting I pipe onto my cupcakes, as I don't want to run out, but I always seem to end up with leftovers (I'm too careful). I didn't have time to eat the leftovers with a spoon (we were off to an event) so I left the buttercream in the fridge with the idea that I would do something fun with it when I got home.

Leftover Marshmallow Buttercream

I shaped it into discs and let them firm up in the fridge

Then I dipped them into melted dark chocolate chips

My leftover buttercream was enough for nine chocolates

Mmmmmmm....chocolates on a fancy plate

They were really, really, good.

They were so good that at some point I might even make up some marshmallow buttercream just for chocolate making. I think they would make a great gift.


Posted by Jen B On Thursday, April 24, 2014 5 comments

5 comments:

  1. I love this. Once I get the house back in order, I'll have to come back and do these. SOOO YUMMY LOOKING.

    PS: Tim just came home from lunch and surprised me with the rest of the day off. Hot dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so yummy! My mom suggested I add colour or nuts to them if I do them again - make them even more fun. I am definitely doing these again. Candy making made easy.

      Glad you got some afternoon off time together. That is lovely.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to seeing more posts about it. Good deal.

      Delete
  2. WHAT?? You, madam, are a super-genius!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy