My Mom has recently been going through her stuff and getting rid of things she no longer uses. On my list visit I was sent home with all the awesome kitchen stuff that has been gathering dust at her place. A tea set, old tea cups from my Nanny, small french press, a potato ricer, and various wine/spirit glasses. I also came home with an electric griddle that she previously used once a year (Christmas breakfast), but didn't even use this past Christmas because not everyone was able to make it. We'll lend it back to her if she needs it for any Christmas morning in the future, but until then we are using the shit out of it! I forgot to take a photo, but it looks similar to this.

The first day we had it, we made bacon, eggs, and home fries all on the griddle. I love that you only need to wash one pan. We've also made a round of "no waiting" grilled cheeses, as it can cook four at a time. Nice.

This sandwich has an over easy egg, old fashioned bacon, spinach, mayo, all on a homemade bun. Home fries were spiced with garlic, chives, and chili powder and fried up nicely in the bacon drippings. 


Posted by Jen B On Friday, April 18, 2014 7 comments

7 comments:

  1. What is old fashion bacon?

    I love potato ricers. Was supposed to get my Mamam's old one but it got lost in the shuffle and never made it to my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if it is a general term for bacon or not, but the one we buy is called Old Fashioned. It is thick cut and has really nice slices.

      I haven't tried the potato ricer yet, but I hear it will make the potatoes really yummy. Sorry yours isn't with you! :(

      Delete
    2. So many kinds of bacon. We use an uncured bacon that I really love. We also have what's named Canadian Bacon, which I've only had once a long time ago. It looked like ham but was higher in price. That was back when I first started eating meats.

      Ham and sausage didn't sit well with me, now I can eat them.

      Every try brown sugar and real local maple syrup baked into the bacon? It's like candy.

      Delete
    3. Haven't tried that before but it sounds like something I would enjoy a lot.

      Delete
    4. It's not bad. I just baked the bacon in the oven, coated in brown sugar and/or local maple. Sometimes I put baking paper down and bake on a wire rack. Other times I skip the wire rack.

      One time I made bacon maple cookies. They were very good the day of. The next day though, they were GROSS.

      Delete
  2. You can't go wrong with a bacon and egg sandwich. But that's not why I'm commenting. I'm writing to say I adore your vintage plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think it is hand-me-down from Mom or a find at a garage sale. Can't remember. But it is my most preferred plate. :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy