We've been off coffee since November and I have to say I haven't really missed it. I replaced my morning beverage with Green Tea and then realized I like Orange Pekoe too. Mom recently gave me a hand-me-down tea pot and some of my Nanny's old tea cups (with saucers) so now I'm not only a tea drinker but a fancy tea drinker to boot.

John likes tea too, but periodically has a craving for coffee and reminded me recently of some coffee mixes I made a long while back. I misplaced the recipe I originally used, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as or was the recipe found here.

Vanilla Coffee Mix (recipe is from here).
1/3 cup instant cofee
1 cup instant skim milk powder
1/2 cup coffee whitener
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup vanilla pudding mix

Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend until mixed. I thought I would use my Magic Bullet to blend it, but I realized once I measured in all my ingredients that it was super full and probably wouldn't blend right (magic or no). It made for an awesome photo, though!


I used my stand up blender to blend, and it took 30 seconds at most. So quick and easy.

 
Add three tablespoons of mix to mug and just add hot water. Adjust to taste. We have big mugs (ha!) so we keep adding scoops until it tastes right.


Add whip cream and cinnamon sugar to top of your bevy if desired and enjoy!

Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11 comments

11 comments:

  1. you are so creative. being such a coffee buff myself, this is one recipe that i wouldnt mind trying. unlike you, i could NEVER give up coffee for as long as you have. ive never heard of coffee whitener - what is it and where would i get some? cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee whitener might just be what I call it - it's also known as powdered coffee creamer (non-dairy creamer). The brand name is coffee-mate.

      I can't believe it's been so long since I've had coffee regularly. Sometimes I miss going out for coffee (I love Tim Hortons), but I really got into tea so at least I have something. If I stopped having a morning hot drink all together I would probably miss coffee more.

      Cheers!!!

      Delete
    2. oh! ok, now i know what you are talking about. geez, i never heard it put that way - coffee whitener. funny. coffee mate, international coffee creamers - they are all too sweet for me. i would use them in addition to using sugar. making my coffee waaaaaaay too sweet. imagine the sugar rush? i dare not. cheers!!

      Delete
    3. p.s. i would like to read your review about dhammapada: the sayings of the buddha. very interesting. i am the buddha. as a matter of fact, we are all the buddha. cheers!!

      Delete
    4. I really like reading it but am reading it very slowly. I am reading it small bits at time and then thinking about what it means/what it means to me. I really like the practical aspect of what buddha said about "thoughts creating the world". I think modern Cognitive Behavioural therapy is based on this idea and I find it can help me gain perspective when the going gets tough.

      Delete
  2. I laughed at the magic or no, bit. That was pretty good. Just think .. pumpkin latte season is coming up soon enough. Though for me, I do mine without coffee or canned pumpkin. But yours sounded killer too. I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you thought it was funny - I did too! :)

      I wonder if I will put sweet potato in a latte this year?? Might be something to try.

      Delete
  3. This. Looks. So. Good! I love a good cup of coffee, and I am going to have to try this. So easy to make, too!

    I'm in awe that you could give up coffee for so long. It's the first thing I have every morning. I can't start my day without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either. It was way easier than I thought it would be. I like having it now as a treat. It's still really good! :)

      Delete
  4. Hey, I forgot to tell you. I am going to try your use sweet potatoes in my pumpkin pie, trick. Soon as the potatoes go a little lower ih price. Thank you for the idea. Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using sweet potatoes, especially when they are cheap. Way cheaper and tastier than canned pumpkin, I think. I had one with my lunch (just mashed, plain) and I love eating them so much. Yum city!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy