I have been lifting some light weights recently, trying to add some strength to my arms and shoulders. It is going to be a long but worthwhile process, as I currently have close to zero upper body strength. I'm starting really slow (3 lbs weights), but the plan is to keep at it until I have enough strength to do a push up. I'm not entirely convinced I'll be able to do that, but John is encouraging me so I'm going to show up and see what happens.

I start my arm workout with a five minute warm up to loosen up.
I wanted a song to go with the warm up, so I searched through my playlist for songs that were around the five minute mark. The one that jumped out at me was Bob Marley's "Wake Up and Live." It's a pretty motivating song and perfect for getting me moving in the morning. Plus after this song plays, iTunes shuffles through my Bob Marley playlist, which provides a great vibe for my workout.


What songs help you get motivated or moving? I would love to know your favourites.

Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5 comments

5 comments:

  1. Back when I was allowed to jog, if Nickleback's, Burn it to the Ground came on my iPod, I would always jog a faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is an amazing motivator!

      Delete
    2. Today after I finished writing I blasted music to do chores. I sang, I boogied and I sang some more. Really loud too.

      How went your day?

      Delete
  2. Good for you! It'll really pay off. I slack off a bit in summer (well, kind of, since I do a lot of walking and biking), but from September to early June, I use the treadmill three times a week, and do toning exercises 4 - 5 times a week, which includes some light weights. I don't exercise vigorously. Just enough to feel good, and be able to snack on a sweet now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds the perfect amount of activity. Enough to feel good. I like that.

      I love outdoor activities in the summer. So much fun!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy