I've been knitting on and off for about 6 years now and in that time I have acquired various knitting needles and supplies. I found an old sewing box in the attic and appropriated it as my knitting box. Up until now there has been no organization of the contents, other than all my knitting tools can be found in the box.

A few months ago I spent about $5 on fabric from the ends bin at Fabricland, for the purpose of creating a knitting needle case. The sewing skills in the family belong to Mom, so I gave her the fabric and she proceeded to make me a fabulous case. She didn't need to measure while making this, she just went in with the basic idea of what it should look like and made it happen. My Mom has awesome skills!

My knitting needles, all bundled up


The majority of my knitting needles


I still have various sizes of double pointed needles and circular needles that need a home, and have tasked mom to make a smaller but equally awesome case for them. The long needle case is my current favourite thing in the world, so I am super excited to have a set of two.

Thanks Mom! You are the best!


Posted by Jen B On Monday, June 09, 2014 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. that is fabulous, jen! you mom does have skills. cheers to your mom. beautiful case and i love the colors. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colours too! I love finding awesome deals in the ends bin. The colours really stand out and make me so happy! Thanks for the cheers for Mom! Cheers to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Your mom really is the best. Very cool. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww....Thanks for saying that! I think she is pretty great! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy