I've mentioned before that John is a spice whiz, with the ability to throw together amazing meals without a plan. If he enters meal creation with a plan, it is pretty much a gaurentee it will be altered in some way. And always for the better.

When we pulled the chicken out of the freezer, this meal was going to be oven baked chicken breasts with various sides. Then he got the idea to dice the frozen chicken and curry it with diced tomatoes. Partway through cooking he said: "can you hand me a can of black beans?" and they got added to the pan too. It simmered for an hour, and once finished John said: "For a sauce I didn't pay too much attention to, this one turned out pretty great." I think they all turn out pretty great.

This meal lasted two nights. The first night I wished I had avocado, and the second night I popped to the store and got one. The avocado made this already amazing meal incredible. Yum!


Posted by Jen B On Friday, June 13, 2014 6 comments

6 comments:

  1. ok, im happy. what is it about food that makes me nuts with desire? that makes my heart pump for joy? you show the most marvelous concoctions. looks so delicious. i know it tasted good. got me thinking whats for dinner tonight. have a great weekend, jen. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - thanks again for your wonderful comments. You always leave a positive mark on my day. Thank you!

      I love food too. I love the smell, the taste, and second helpings! There are so many flavours to choose from too. What fun!

      Hope you had a great weekend! Cheers!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Food is amazing. I love all the different flavours. I feel very lucky sometimes. :)

      Delete
    2. You are lucky. You have yourself a good honey bunny.

      Delete
    3. He is really good to me. I am indeed very lucky! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy