I used up all my dishcloth yarn earlier this year, which was a great opportunity to buy more yarn. Mom and I both love these knitted dishcloths, so we each bought a big ball of yarn for me to work. The plan is to spend a lot of evenings watching Blue Jays baseball while knitting us a bunch of them (I can complete one in about 3 hours).

The colour Mom chose is called Swimming Pool (blue), and the one I chose is called Psychedelic (multi-colour). If I did the math right, we will each get 12 dishcloths, 6 of each colour. Fun.


Posted by Jen B On Tuesday, June 03, 2014 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. I love it. So nicely done. And what a great hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. It is such an easy pattern that it doesn't distract me from baseball or tv on dvd. And then I find it so satisfying that I spent the evening watching tv but I also made something. Feels good. Plus Mom loves them, and it makes me happy to make her happy.

      Delete
  2. These look so much simpler than the ones I've been crocheting - what pattern are you using? I love them! (And I could use some dish cloths) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using a Bernat knitting patten that was on a label of yarn. I couldn't find it on their website, but found a blog with a really similar pattern here. The only difference from the pattern I have is I only go to 43 st, not 45. Might try 45 to see how that works.

      I love these dish cloths. They make great gifts... maybe even great house warming gifts? ;)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy