Sometimes I make a baking choice based on the ingredients I have on hand. Last week I had a pie shell and corn syrup and casually asked Google what I could make. I then spent an hour surfing through recipes (so much fun!) and finally decided on Southern Peanut Butter Pie.

The recipe is pretty similar to a pecan pie (but with peanuts) and there is some peanut butter mixed in it as well. 


It is a simple recipe: beat together corn syrup, peanut butter, sugar, salt, and eggs. Fold in peanuts and pour into a pie shell.


The recipe said to bake at 375°F for 40 - 50 minutes, and by 20 minutes in it was already really browned. If I was to try this recipe again, I would probably start it on a lower temperature. The pie was really wobbly at 40 minutes, so I turned it down to 325°F and kept cooking, checking every five minutes. I overcooked it, I'm sure, but at least it set.


This pie ended up tasting a lot like peanut brittle. The first bite almost tastes a little too peanutty, but then it kinda evens out for the rest of the slice. Not sure if I would make this one again, but for the next few days I will enjoy it.


Posted by Jen B On Monday, February 10, 2014 2 comments

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy