I made a second attempt at pie crust dough on the weekend. I used the same recipe as last week, but made some adjustments based on the challenges I encountered.  First I added an additional 2 tbsp of ice cold water when forming the dough to combat dough dryness. And to fight having "too cold" dough, I did not refridgerate it before I rolled it.

I also watched a few how to videos on YouTube so I could get a feel for pie crust dough. The best part of watching these bakers, was they both were very reassuring that 'pie crust dough takes practice' and 'pie crust doesn't have to be perfect'.

Here is how mine rolled out:


The edges kind of broke apart, but with some determination I got it into my pie plate.


The crust had a few cracks, but held up pretty well. The more I practice the better I will get at it.


Posted by Jen B On Monday, February 24, 2014 6 comments

6 comments:

  1. Good to read. Keep at it. It only gets better and better and better and better ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right! I'm already dreaming of future crusts and happy pies.

      Delete
    2. This is the fun, at least I think, of baking.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awwwww, thanks so much! You are sweet. I am really happy with how it turned out. :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy