We periodically get an amazing deal on beef and then for the next few months we enjoy roasts, steaks, and stews. The meat goes a long way, and I always feel like I'm winning when there is leftover steak in the fridge.

What normally would have been steak and eggs, John suggested we use our leftovers for awesome steak sandwiches. AGREE. We used home made buns from the freezer, pulled out the toaster oven, and got to work on this tasty leftover lunch.

The bun was buttered and then layered with strips of steak and mozzarella cheese.


I added chicken and rib BBQ sauce to mine (not pictured) and it tasted fantastic. Possibly even better than the steak we originally had.


We served the sandwiches with home made sweet potato fries and life was beautiful!

Posted by Jen B On Thursday, November 28, 2013 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. Dude, that looks delicious. Next time try it with garlic butter... *drooooool*...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramel onions for me. But then, honestly, I could just eat a bowl of homemade caramelized onions.

    Steak looks good. I'm headed to drop my twisty loaf in the oven .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm... Caramelized onions are delicious. Hope your twisty loaf was great.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy