There is nothing better than a big breakfast at Mom's. Growing up she always made sure we were well fed, and as adults, the dinners/lunches/breakfasts at her place are always delicious and served in enormous quanities.

A big breakfast at Mom's usually happens on Christmas day. Her breakfast options include everything, with a side of everything else. Eggs (any style), hash browns, bacon, peameal bacon, sausage rounds, English muffins, various cheeses, V8 juice, and orange juice (sometimes with champagne in it).

Pictured here is a huge pile of bacon (peameal and regular), keeping warm until everything else is ready. If you are quick enough, you can sneak a piece of snackin' bacon while waiting for breakfast to be served.


Posted by Jen B On Friday, November 08, 2013 6 comments

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Peameal bacon is a ham like bacon that is rolled in corn meal. I just checked Wikipedia and apparently it is called Peameal (and not corn meal) because it used to be rolled in ground yellow peas.

      It tastes super yummy!

      Delete
    2. That's interesting. Thanks. Ever make bacon with brown sugar or with maple syrup? Baked in the oven? Oh my, my, my.

      Delete
    3. Haven't tried baked in the oven, but I have been known to add a lot of maple syrup to my bacon. I love pancakes with a side of bacon for that very reason! So good!

      Delete
    4. I'm a big old maple girl myself. Good stuff. Ever have it in straight black coffee? I don't drink coffee too much right now but back when I did, mmm mmmm goood.

      Delete
    5. Wow I have never tried that...but will have to.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy