My favourite trick-or-treater from last night was a little six-year-old Spider-Man. We were handing out candy at a friend's place and they had a giant pot (cauldron?) filled with assorted goodies. I put a handful of yummy things into Spider-Man's bag, and as he walked away he looked in his bag and gleefully exclaimed: "Oh wow! I got gum!" I don't know that kid, but he is awesome and he filled my heart with joy.

I love that kid for two reasons:

(1) He was really excited to be getting candy. I hope he looked in his bag after every house and marveled at what was just added. Getting candy is super fun and exciting; six year old's are pretty awesome at showing it.

(2) I find it adorable that he was excited about gum. I'm not sure what he was expecting to see when he opened his bag, but gum seemed to be beyond his expectations. His gum joy reminded me to appreciate the little things. Because sometimes the little things ARE. THE. BEST.

Did you get any adorable trick-or-treater's your way? Hope you had a very happy Halloween.

Happy Halloween from Gary Bear
Posted by Jen B On Friday, November 01, 2013 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. No Treaters at our place. But it is a fun time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, we went to town to hand out candy because we never get any here. John's grandma lives next door and she bought some candy to hand out but no one came by. She gave us her candy the next day, so that was awesome! :)

      Delete
    2. Ha, that's great stuff.

      I am home today cleaning house.

      Delete
    3. Hope you have a great day! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy