I was craving peanut butter cups but didn't want to go to the store or make a giant batch of them. So I asked Google if there was a single serving recipe and of course there was. So now I can have a peanut butter cup at a moments notice (with just a little bit of waiting for chocolate to harden). It is too easy. If you don't want to know how to do this, please click away, I totally get it!

Recipe was slightly adapted from Maple Spice.

The recipe will make two (in case you need two or feel like sharing).

Ingredients:
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp margerine
sprinkle salt
4 tsp icing sugar
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vegetable oil

Method:
1. Mix peanut butter, margarine, and salt in bowl until smooth. Add icing sugar and stir until incorporated. Set aside.

2. Line a muffin tin with two muffin liners.

3. Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate with oil in microwave, checking every 15 seconds until melted.

4. Spoon a layer of chocolate into each muffin cup, spread out with knife to ensure bottom is covered. Spoon half of peanut butter filling onto chocolate, spreading out with knife or finger so it covers chocolate. Spoon remaining chocolate over peanut butter layer.

5. Place in freezer and wait at least 20 minutes. Wait longer if you are able (we were not).

6. Enjoy!

The cups probably didn't set long enough and broke slightly when bitten into. Still tasted amazing, but I couldn't get an attractive photo. I imagine chilling longer would help with that. I'm sure I will make them again soon, so I will find out (if I can wait for them to chill longer, that is...).

Posted by Jen B On Friday, October 18, 2013 13 comments

13 comments:

  1. If I had a craving for peanut butter cups and had chocolate chips and peanut butter on hand, I wouldn't have bothered with all that other stuff!! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ... dangerously simple. And dangerously tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I luckily used the last of my chocolate chips last night. So today I am safe. :)

      Delete
  3. Love it. Love it. Just got some freebie peanut butter cup sized cupcake holders for treats like these. For after the weekend, when I'm no longer a preppie.

    PS: Tried a pumpkin pie latte at Tim Horton's this morning. Sooo don't like getting those out anymore, now that I make my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - 2 weeks notice is going by so fast. Excited for all the things you will bake when you are done. I highly recommend peanut butter cups. They are so fricken' good!

      I have been having pumpking spice sprinkled on my coffee grounds before it perks, and every day I have a hint of pumpkin flavour. It is so nice. The local coffee shop is making lattes and I want to try one of theirs, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Now that I have the pumpkin spice at home I forget about them while I'm out.

      Delete
    2. After a rough weekend last Sunday and then again on Tuesday, I cut my two weeks to one and yesterday was my last day.

      Yes, I love making peanut butter cups with homemade peanut butter because I can make it a little thicker and play with it more than jar stuff.

      I agree with you. No reason to get them out. Plus, my gosh, they cost sooo much. Have you tried making pumpkin creamer with condensed milk and pumpkin spice yet? I haven't because I am out of condensed milk. I like the condensed thinned with a little almond or soy milk. Or even regular milk would work.

      Pretty tired today. Just resting. Back to blogging tomorrow or Tuesday. But for now, I'm going back to clipping coupons.

      Cheers and boogie boogie.

      PS: This is long comment. My gosh, I'm chatty.

      Delete
    3. Wow - congrats on your last day. Really excited for your rest period. So happy for you!

      Oh homemade peanut butter...that is probably just peanuts? That sounds like something to try. Wow - so many things can be made at home. I love that.

      You know I will have to try the creamer. I have been buying sw. condensed milk pretty regularly. How long would the creamers last? I've never kept opened sw. condensed milk in the fridge, I'm sure it lasts a few weeks?

      Blogging and clipping coupons sounds grand!

      I love your long comments. Always a pleasure to catch up with you! :)

      Delete
    4. Thanks, me too on the rest front.

      When I make homemade peanut butter I like to use raw honey and peanuts, sometimes a pinch of salt. A lot of times, I'll buy raw nuts and roast them in the oven. I don't use oil, for mine but some people do.

      My last food processor made the best peanut butter. The one I have now, takes FOREVER and a day, so I don't make it too much in that. Same with my old blender, use to do great. The one I have now, not so great.

      I really really want to get a VitaMix, but not willing to spend the money. I've read that I can make peanut butter in my Omega Vrt 350HD, but haven't tried it yet.

      Back when I was drinking coffee I would only make a little creamer at a time, so I'm not for sure the shelf life. But I would guess one to two weeks, depending.

      Got my energy back today. Tim is super duper sick though. Doesn't quite feel like I've left my job yet. Some of it is still on me. Gotta shake it off.

      Delete
  4. This is awesome Jen, I found the recipe for the large batch and have been reluctant to make such a large amount, but this is perfect for when you have that "craving".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love single serving recipes. They make just enough. If had a 2 dozen peanut butter cups I would eat 2 dozen peanut butter cups! :)

      Delete
  5. Why? Why would you do this to me? I'm going to eat these all. the. time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Happy I could help! Lol.

      I love the single serving recipes. So much fun! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy