Years ago an email forward was going around telling everyone about Mug Cake. The forward included photos and the claim that it really worked and was so easy. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to information found in a forwarded email, so I never tried it.

Years passed and it was somehow 2013 and I still had never experienced the joy of mug cake. While I was being ignorant, so many other people were figuring it out and perfecting it. A 'mug cake' Google search will show you countless round ups of all the different mug cake options available to you, and Dr. Oetker even has a mug cake mix you can buy. So mug cake is a real thing and I may be late to the party, but it is a quick party to get into.

My favourite Mug Cake at the moment is a coffee cake which I slightly adapted from a Crazy for Crust recipe.

First step is having a really awesome mug. I suppose you could use any mug, but if you had a mug with your cat on it doing yoga, you'd probably pick that one, right?


Mixing in a bowl, add 1.5 tbs sugar, 1.5 tbs flour, pinch of salt, and 1/4 tsp baking powder.


Mix dry ingredients together. Next add 1 tbs milk, 1 tbs plain applesauce, and a splash of vanilla.


Mix well. You now have mug cake batter.


Spray your mug with cooking spray and add the cake batter.


Sprinkle 1 tbs of brown sugar and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon on top.


Microwave for 1 minute.


Eat and enjoy. And try not to eat one everyday (it will be difficult!).


Posted by Jen B On Sunday, August 11, 2013 2 comments

2 comments:

  1. I've not tried this either but it looks like you are enjoying it. Love the picture on the mug. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy