And I'm currently sitting in it!

Jena and T got two all purpose canopies for their wedding and couldn't fly them back to B.C., so we inherited them (or are borrowing them 'til they move back to Ontario). I sunburn incredibly quickly and easily, so a canopy or 'fort' in the backyard allows me to sit outside without having to pile on buckets of sunscreen first. It also makes for a kind of outdoor office, which I'm really liking (although I'm sure John would like his laptop back at some point).

All purpose canopy in the box

What's in the box

Lay out all the poles first

Raise the roof!

Tack roof tarp in place

Add leg poles, tie down roof tarp, and secure poles with ropes

Comfort zone established!

Outdoor office - a nice place to write blogs!

Posted by Jen B On Monday, August 05, 2013 10 comments

10 comments:

  1. I am super big into working outside as well. It's great fun. And your office looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I love it. Although I'm not used to the laptop and the battery died on me while I was typing. Gotta remember to watch the power level. :)

      Delete
    2. Been there with the laptop dying. Usually we're at the cafe or something like that. Mostly Tim writes on it when we go there, and I fiddle with cookery magazines and book.

      Do you ever plant a garden in your yard?

      Delete
    3. We were really into gardening a few years ago but mostly just do flowers and herbs now. Here's a blog post of what it looked like.

      Delete
  2. You look like you're still in the sun!

    When the husband and I go on a cruise, I like to sit outside on the deck (in the shade) and write, too. He'll sit back and read. It makes for a nice time, really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the sun a little there - I keep having to move my table as the sun moves in the sky. A little work, but worth it! ;)

      Writing on the cruise sounds just lovely!

      Delete
  3. Very cool! We're boring and use ours for our car. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practical is good! Does any snow get on the car? Or does yours have walls? I just wonder how the wall-less ones work for blowing snow.

      Delete
  4. Lol... love it. I need one of those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really amazing! :) Having so many good times just sitting around in it. A great place to read. :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy