I went on a pretty amazing bike ride on Friday, my longest of the season at 18.5km (11.5 miles) and almost two hours. It felt great and reminded me how much fun it is to be out on my bike. I also got to take in some views of farm country which are beautiful this time of year.

When I set out on Friday, I had the idea that I might be bike riding to doughnuts. Earlier this summer I learned there was a coffee shop within biking distance, and I thought it would be neat to ride home with some doughnuts on my back (I would definitely have earned them). Headed that way, when it came time to turn off the trail, I just didn't feel like getting doughnuts. I was so pumped up from covering so much distance on my bike, that doughnuts were the last thing I wanted. I kept on riding along the trail and I felt healthy and happy and all those other positive feelings that come from exercise.


But don't worry - I haven't lost my taste for doughnuts. There was a Beaver Tails truck in downtown Midland on the weekend and I didn't let it leave town before I got one.



Here are some photos from my lovely two hour bike ride from Friday night:

Riding the trail

Trees with the sun peeking through

Round Bales



Corn field

Art shot of my bike

Shadow me loves to be on the blog!

Posted by Jen B On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5 comments

5 comments:

  1. Your shadow looks so tall. Love the trail you have. Your area looks a lot like ours. So excited to start shooting some groovy autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shadow is tall! I'm tall too, 6' (6'1" in certain shoes).

      Delete
    2. Holy cow, you are tall. Me, not so much.

      Delete
  2. Love the tree shot (with the sun) and your bike is pretty. My trail is paved, so it only took us a little over an hour to ride 11.5 miles. And that was with a stop at the half-way point to get some water from the fountain at the park. I can't imagine riding on a dirt path. Do you get very dirty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dirt path isn't so bad, but I do love the relief of getting back on the paved road on the way home. A little smoother. The trail is very well maintained, there are only a few parts that are a little too sandy. I never realized I was getting dirty, but last week I was out with sunscreen on and the whole back of my leg was covered it dirt (it stuck to the sunscreen). Lots of fun! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy