The person I most often go out for lunch with is my Mom. We have lunched at many different places over the years, but we have our trusted favourites. Mom's favourite is Chinese food and my favourite is sushi. We found a place in Barrie where we can both get what we want: Jun's Roll. On this day, Mom got a breaded shrimp combination plate, and I got Sushi Combo No. 5: spicy crab roll (8 pieces), spicy salmon roll (6 pieces), with a spring roll on the side. The spicy salmon rolls had thick pieces of avocado in them that were so fresh and tasted amazing. This was my third visit to Jun's and I will definitely be back.

Jun's is in downtown Barrie, so when picking up lunch I got to fail at parallel parking twice, drove really far away from the restaurant, turned around, drove back, and then (thankfully) found a pull in space across the street. In my head I can parallel park. In real life, not so much. 


Posted by Jen B On Friday, August 23, 2013 6 comments

6 comments:

  1. Parallel parking is a lost art, like telephone switchboard operator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true.

      I went to a funeral in Elmvale a few years ago and successfully parallel parked on a side street, so I thought I was a good at it. Turns out Barrie is much busier and faster then Elmvale. The cars seemed to be parked closer together too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were really good! Can't wait to go back.

      Delete
  3. I like to make ones at home using brown rice and filling them with organic carrots and organic walnuts. Then homemade ginger on the side. Holy cow, that's good eats and when walnuts come back into season, I'll be making them again.

    Yours looks good as well. I don't live near my mom anymore but still miss going to eat with her. And shopping for good deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rolls you are describing sound delicious. I love walnuts and I could see them being a really tasty addition. I must try it sometime. What type of brown rice do you use?

      I used to live a few hours from Mom, but she likes it a lot better that I live closer. We love lunching and deals. :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy