It's a holiday Monday here in Ontario and I've been having a great weekend! Lots of friends, food, fun, and activities - it is what summer is made for.

The weather has been fabulous - really hot and sunny. I started the weekend catching up with my favourite Wizard Detective, Harry Dresden. I'm about half way through and enjoying it so far.


On breaks from reading on Saturday I baked some gingerbread cookies. Always nice to have treats around on a long weekend.


Yesterday my parents came up and we went on a short visit to the beach and walked around the Elmvale Sales Barn looking for deals.


We picked up lunch at Perky's Fish and Fries, which never disappoints. I got the haddock and chips, Mom got a burger and onion rings. MMMMmmmmm....



After Mom and Dad left, my sisters in law came over on their way to the beach, dropping off garden beans and romaine. The. Best.


Adding to our fun filled day, we hosted gaming night and played a little HarnMaster style RPG and enjoyed some treats.


I made caramel corn which was a big hit.


Our friend Bryan brought some treats to share that he brought back from a trip to Ohio. I don't think you can get this stuff here, so it was neat to try.




The remainder of the weekend will be spent reading and relaxing and probably eating a lot of garden beans. Perfect!


Posted by Jen B On Monday, August 04, 2014 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. french fries and caramel corn? oh yea, you best get your veggies - LOL! sounds and looks like you had a blast. happy for ya. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a nice mix of food and fun! :)

      Delete
  2. That's a weekend well spent. I think you're right- I haven't seen vanilla coke here in several years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ya, I know there used to be vanilla coke but they must have stopped selling it. It was neat that my friend brought some back from the U.S.

      Delete
  3. You had me at caramel corn! :) What a great roundup of photos, and what a great time all around. Game night, included? I love that. A terrific weekend, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It was really nice to see everyone. I hadn't made caramel corn in a while - I forgot how much I love it. Good food and good times! :)

      Delete
  4. What a great post. Jam packed with goodies. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy