My favourite flowers growing up were a patch of black-eyed Susans that grew along the back edge of the grain field on our farm. They were my favourite because it was always an adventure to get out to see them, which made me think they were special. It was probably less than a kilometer to reach them, but as a little kid it felt like a very long walk. When we finally made it all the way to the back, it was nice to see such beautiful flowers.

A few years ago a friend gave me a potted black-eyed Susan that she grew. We transplanted it into the backyard and it has since spread out and we have a nice patch of these beautiful flowers. They are in full bloom now and I just love looking at all the yellow.


Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 7 comments

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful image. I LOVE these flowers. I also have some growing in my backyard. They are one of the best things about summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty. I've seen these around many gardens, but didn't know the name til this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how bright they are. They make me smile! :)

      Delete
  3. Black-eyeds and daisy are my two top picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet this year, I did not grow either. But I did make hot pepper jam tonight. So flippin' good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy