I am so excited for my brother-in-law Tab who is heading to Toronto tonight to see one of his favourite artists live in concert. Tom Bailey, previously of The Thompson Twins, is currently on tour playing Twins hits, which included tracks like "Hold Me Now", "Doctor Doctor", and "Love on Your Side". This is the first tour of Twins music is over 25 years and this will be the first time Tab will be seeing these songs live. The tour has been on for the past few weeks, and there is already some footage on YouTube and it looks like Tom Bailey puts on a pretty good show.

So for your 80s Synth Pop Break today, here are a few Thompson Twins songs to get you into an 80s groove.

"Hold Me Now" (a classic favourite)


"Love on Your Side" (Tab's favourite)


Have a great time Tab!

Posted by Jen B On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. i LOVE that song - "hold me now" - i liked the twins when they came out. the music of the 80's was rockin. my daughter was born in '82. good for him - i hope he enjoys. thanks for sharing. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 80s was a fun time for music. I'm a child of the 80s so it holds a strong place in my heart. Also, I've already heard from Tab and they are having a great time at the show. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I'm only familiar with Hold Me Now, since the radio stations still play it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I met my brother in law I only new that one too. I hear it at the grocery store most often on their radio. I didn't realize they had more songs, but that happened with a lot of bands out of the 80s I think.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the song "Hold Me Now"! I'm listening to it as I type this. Most of my favourite music is from the 70s and 80s. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun song! The 70s and 80s were a great time for music for sure. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking they had a great time, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure did! They went early and met Tom Bailey in the parking lot and got some albums signed. They were so happy! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy