I am really into pie right now and have been thinking about all the different varieties there are. Fruit,
custard, pudding, sugar... I am really excited about all the options and all the different pies I am soon to make.

For pi Day, my friend Tasha made a lemon meringue pie, which reminded me that I love lemon meringue pie. I've made it before from a box mix, but I tried the real deal this time. There are a few steps to this pie, but mostly it is pretty easy to make. I didn't take any photos of preparing the lemon filling, but check out Tasha's post about this pie, as she has some great step by step photos.

I used my Mom's Lemon Meringue pie recipe, which is pretty similar to the one found here.

The meringue and the lemon about to become good friends
Together as one!
Baked and browned
Pie!!!
Posted by Jen B On Saturday, March 29, 2014 9 comments

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, how I love lemon pie! This one looks, and I bet, tastes so wonderful. I usually buy -which I know is not good for me - Table Talk Lemon Pie. My dream is to one day make a real lemon pie. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with a store-made pie - I have had some that are very, very, delicious. Making this pie was way easier than I thought, I'm sure I'll make it again soon. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. If I could just reach in and have a little (big) taste, that would make my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I love lemon pie. So tart and delicious!

      Delete
  4. Oh yay! Your pie looks really good!
    PS. Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for the pie inspiration! I love pie right now! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy