So this winter has forced me to accept a new reality when it comes to what I believe to be cold. Since we have had so many days that were -20°C or below, my body has come to think of warmer temperatures (-5°C or above) as actually warm.

This winter has also led me to believe that spring/summer aren't actually coming. We just live in Westeros now, winter came, it's going to last years, and we all need to suck it up and move on. So this is me moving on.


This is my -5°C or higher "day at the beach" zone. The backyard still has 3 feet of snow in it, so this is my drive-way hangout. I've got books, hot chocolate, my sunnies, and a few layers of winter outerwear. Reading with mitts on isn't the best, but seriously, I'm taking what I can get at the moment.

Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6 comments

6 comments:

  1. You poor thing. I am so with you on this one. I've had it up to my eyeballs with snow. Long winters can make one depressed, but hold on, for tomorrow begins Spring! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was holding on to hope for spring, and then we got 4 more inches of snow!! Can't believe this winter. We still have 3 feet of snow in the backyard - I'm really getting sick of looking at it. LOL. Anyways, this too shall pass, right?? I hope so!!

      Delete
  2. Winter whooshed by for me. Just went so fast.

    Love your new hangout. Very cool. Even looks sunny.

    PS: I am not signed in yet, so when I do, this might show me as Tim. But I am not Tim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to get out and enjoy the sun. I miss it when it is cloudy.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. xoxoxox! Thanks so much. I think we have a similar opinion of this winter. We got 4 inches of snow overnight. What the hell??? Give us a break, right???

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy