Our friends, Brendan and Colleen, are doing a really amazing art project to decorate one of the rooms in their house. They are painting cats. All kinds. And lots of them. And they are getting willing participants to paint cats too. A few of us went over last weekend for 'cat painting night' and it was so much fun. I love adult creative play, and it made me so happy that we got together to make some art. We got really into it, too, and there were moments when the six of us were painting in silence, as we were all so focused on our cats. It was a pretty awesome way to spend a Saturday night.

At last count B and C had 54 cat paintings on the wall they are trying to fill. I'm not sure what number they want to get to, but I am really looking forward to painting another cat if they need it.

Below is the cat I painted on Saturday. I called him 'Hipster Cat' as he has a cool scarf and a neat hat. And hipster glasses, obviously.


Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5 comments

5 comments:

  1. I love this picture. Really fun and what a great way to spend time together. Good stuff, indeed. Will we get to see a picture of the finished wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. We are going over there soon so I'll see if I can get a photo for the blog. Their wall is really impressive.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like it. Very cool.

      One time a girlfriend of mine and I did hand-painted wallpaper in her office. That was fun.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So hip and cool, right? I think it's the hat. Or the scarf.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy