I have been able to go on a walk for the past five days in a row. And not just any walk, a pleasant walk. The temps have been -5°C (23°F) or higher, and the air is nice and doesn't burn your face. I can stand being outdoors for longer than 7 minutes at time - it's amazing. Who knew I would come to treasure and be excited for a -5°C forecast? It's definitely been a crazy winter. Today is supposed to get up to a high of 5°C (41°F) so I can keep this walking trend going. I have really missed enjoying the outdoors.

Also awesome: I wore my running shoes to the grocery store on the weekend. I had to dodge snow and puddles in the parking lot, but it was so worth it and felt so good. I miss walking in runners. I will still have to wear my boots on my walks for a while yet, as the sides of the road are very wet and slushy. All the sun we've been getting has melted the top layer of the massive snowbanks. There's still a good two or three feet left to melt, but it's a start.

Posted by Jen B On Monday, March 10, 2014 3 comments

3 comments:

  1. It is funny how when it's still cold, it feels warm. And how refreshing it is to have sneakers one. Though I am excited to have them on and not be wet at the end of my marketing.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Having fun is the easy part. Been doing that all my life. But making the money at it without working in a professorial kitchen, there in is the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true how the cold feels warm. I got a lawn chair out and put it in the driveway (there is still 4 feet of snow in the backyard). Sat out in the sunshine and 5°C warmth for an hour reading. IT WAS THE BEST!!

      It sounds cheesy, but the only people who succeed at stuff are those who try. So just try some things and see what happens. It will definitely be hard, but keep at it.

      Delete
    2. Just let the pups out and wow, it's like spring.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy