Leftovers are my favourite. They are great for a quick lunch or a just-reheat-it-and-it's-ready dinner. You might even find us eating them for lunch and dinner (Pesto Pasta is a good one for that). And why not? The flavours of some foods can intensify overnight, and with the simple effort of making one dinner, you get two. Or three. Or more. Love it! And if we know we can't use them within a few days, we pop them in the freezer to feed our future selves (future us loves presents from the past).

This week we were able to use our awesome taco leftovers in two different ways. Leftovers have to work in this house!
Taco salad looking pretty for the blog.
Taco leftovers made an appearance in my all time favourite leftover lunch: taco salad. I'm sure this salad has more taco shells, meat, and cheese than, say, a garden salad would, but that is why it is so awesome. It is in my top three salads for sure. This is also a great way to use up those two extra taco shells that we normally find stale a few weeks from now.

All mixed up and ready to eat!
This magic salad has green leaf lettuce, green olives, broken taco shells, taco meat, shredded cheese, and salsa for dressing. Always love adding chunks of avocado when I have them too. I love love love this salad.

We also turned the taco leftovers into a pizza topping. It was as tasty as it sounds. We often make over the top pizza, but this one was crazy delicious. And leftover bonus: I had leftover pizza for lunch the next day. LEFTOVER WIN!

Piles of toppings, starring taco meat.
Oh what the hell, let's add more cheese!
Finished pizza had all the win.

Posted by Jen B On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5 comments

5 comments:

  1. Have you done taco lasagna? It is also delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap that sounds good. I will try it! :)

      Delete
    2. It is amaze-balls. Salsa instead of tomato sauce, and then the veggies you would normally use as garnish mixed in (tomatoes, green onion, olives, etc). When it comes out of the oven, garnish it with crushed taco shells or tortillas, and serve with sour cream, guacamole, etc. Yum!

      Delete
  2. Very fun. I am into leftovers as well. Though I have a friend and her husband won't eat leftovers for nothing. I don't get that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom doesn't like them too much either. Sometimes when I go over there I get her leftovers to bring home. I'll always take them! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy