There are many pluses to being in the country. Easy access to nature, ample space, many beautiful places to walk, bike, and take photos. Another plus (for me) is the lack of conveniences; if I want a Tim Hortons it is at least a 12 minute drive, a 90 minute bike ride, or a 2.5 hour walk. And don’t forget it’s the same time/distance back.

Well this is no more. A Country Style doughnut shop opened a 5 minute drive away. This means I am 5 minutes away from doughnuts AT. ALL. TIMES (within store hours). Plus, that five minute drive is a bike ride I’ve done loads of times. It takes maybe half an hour. HALF. HOUR. FROM. DOUGHNUTS.

So, my new life goal: bike to doughnuts. They’ll be carried in my backpack for the ride home, so maybe I’ll avoid ones with drippy icing. And because I’ll have rode my bike there and back, I get to eat all of them! YAY!
This is the doughnut I ate doing research for this blog. You're welcome!

Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. Those are my FAVORITE kind of donut (and now I want one - dang it!). There is a donut place within 1/2 mile from me and I refuse to go inside. Donuts are a major weakness of mine. MAJOR. WEAKNESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally my favourite kind too!! I also suffer from doughnuts as major weakness! Love them! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you are going to bike for doughnuts. How funny is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! It is going to be a story that I tell for generations! :)

      Delete
  3. lol... your research donut looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's using your noggin' :D love that idea bike for the bite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome thanks!! Then they will be guilt free doughnuts! :) Thanks for your comment and stopping by the blog! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy