On our meal plan we have homemade pizza once a week. It is quick, fun to make, and we have perfected our pizza making skills so it is guaranteed to satisfy. I'm not sure how we got to thinking about panzerottos but the idea got into our heads and we knew we had to make them. We didn't really follow a recipe, we just made our usual bread maker pizza dough and hoped it would work out! Wonderfully, panzerottos are as easy to make as pizza (just a few extra steps) so we are definitely adding them to the meal plan rotation.

We made our pizza dough in the bread maker and sectioned it into four equally sized balls.


Next, we pressed each ball out thinly to form a circle.


Then we piled on the toppings! This one was mine and it had sauce, seasonings, spinach, hot peppers, green olives, mushrooms, and a mozzarella/old cheddar blend of cheese.


We folded them over and pressed the edges securely together. The first one was tricky, but by the third one we were pros! They all held together surprisingly well. We put them in the oven at 375°F for 25 minutes.


They looked and tasted amazing! I can't wait to make them again!




Posted by Jen B On Monday, June 03, 2013 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. I make something very similar and it's amazingly good. Now I'm into grilling breads and pizzas. So far I made a flatbread. Next, pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazingly good!! I'm sure your flatbread was great and I can't wait to hear about how the pizza turns out! :) Happy grilling!

      Delete
    2. Haven't tried the pizza yet, but I think it will turn out good. I'm even going to give cookies a go later today if I can get my chores done.

      Delete
    3. Wow, grilling is such a good idea! Let me know how the cookies turn out! That would be a good way to bake them, especially on hot days.

      Delete
  2. I always thought these were called calzones. Or is it the fillings that make them different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are called calzones too. For some reason we call them panzerottos in Canada! :)

      Delete
  3. These look great! We've been thinking about doing this ourselves, and now I think I definitely have to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Tasha, the ones featured in this blog were from last week and this post inspired us to make them again tonight. They are so good. They are way easier than I thought, actually pretty fun to make. I can't wait to have my leftovers for lunch tomorrow! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy