For the month of May, The David Suzuki Foundation promoted something called the 30x30 challenge: spend 30 minutes in nature for 30 days in a row.



I didn't hear about the challenge until mid-May, and I spent most of the month being cranky about the cold and rain, so I missed out on the formal challenge, but have decided to do it on my own in June. Spending time outdoors is important to me, but I'm sometimes too much of a procrastinator to actually get off the couch and go outside. So I am setting this goal so I will actually do it. After the winter we just had, I want to ensure I make the most of the summer weather.

Yesterday was day one, and even though it rained for much of it, I sat outside for twenty minutes in the morning (driven back inside by showers), and another ten minutes during a sunny break in the afternoon. I didn't do anything crazy while I was out there, I just sat in the backyard reading. It was calm and nice. On days when I'm not fearing a sudden downpour, I plan to spend my 30 minutes (or more) walking around and getting some exercise too. Should be fun. 

The only thing I'm worried about with this challenge is the weather. What if it rains all day? Hopefully I can do what I did yesterday and find the small breaks, even if it is just minutes at a time. 

Better get out there.

Posted by Jen B On Sunday, June 02, 2013 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. Great being outside. Much fun to you on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am really excited to go for long walks!! :)

      Delete
    2. Those are good to do. Had some groovy outside time ourselves today. Loving the staycation. Nearly done now.

      Delete
    3. Why do staycations have to end?? Just not fair! Hope you had a great one! Glad you got outside for some good times! :)

      Delete
  2. You should get some rainboots, splash pants & a raincoat. That way, you can go for a walk, even if it is raining :)
    You can usually get splash pants pretty cheap at Canadian Tire too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good idea Tasha!! I will do that! Rain doesn't have to win!! :)

      Delete
  3. I used to love going outside in the rain when I was a kid. But yeah, dress up for it, use an umbrella, pretend you're Gene Kelly!! It could be fun and make you feel younger, too.

    Good luck on reaching your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will definitely try dancing in the rain soon! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy