I love the autumn months but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that they are here. I'm so shocked that it's October that I didn't get it together to change my calendar over until yesterday. And when I flipped it, it said October and not June. I know I lived it, but I'm not sure summer really happened.

But here we are in October. A month I actually really love so I'd like to point out some of the things I love about it. Kick off the month with all the little joys this season has to offer.

Pumpkin Spice. I love pumpkin spice drinks (latte, tea), and pumpkin spice baked goods (pie, doughnuts, muffins). I love that so many people get into it this time of year.


Autumn Leaves. I have fond memories of returning home from university for Thanksgiving, and seeing the trees that lined our country road changed to so many different colours. October always feels like a homecoming for me.

Sweaters. I love sweaters. Besides socks and undies, this is the clothing item I have the most of. A wonderful bonus is that Gary (the cat) also loves sweaters. So this time of year cat cuddles increase exponentially.

Thanksgiving. Turkey. All the fixins. Baked goods. It's a beautiful time of year.


Halloween. Especially Halloween Simpsons episodes and fun sized chocolate bars. Also love seeing what my nieces and nephews dress up as. Always the cutest!


MLB Postseason. I have always loved baseball but this was my first year of really following MLB as an adult. And what a year to get into it! The postseason has been incredible so far, with so many of the the games going into extra innings. Lots of fun!



What are some of the things you love about October?

Posted by Jen B On Monday, October 06, 2014 11 comments

11 comments:

  1. Pumpkin pie's a great thing this time of year... and the leaves changing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at pumpkin :) I LOVE all kinds of pumpkin recipes; it makes autumn that much more special. The rest of your list is great, too. I really love autumn...IF it's nice. Then it's a wonderful season. You never know what to expect living in Canada; it's so unpredictable from one year to the next. I'm still in disbelief that summer has come and gone. ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It feels like we just got over that crazy winter and now here we are heading towards it again. Not ready for it. The weather has been up and down this way. Today was warmer with sun. Yesterday was rain. You do never know.

      Delete
  3. I love everything Autumn/Fall. It's a great time of year. Though for me, I'm a year-round baker. But what I do love are the CHEAP apples and poms.

    Heaven I say, heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you're back!
    Fall is da bomb. I love that it is no longer humid gross hot, but not yet hat & mitten weather :)
    Also, I love pumpkins/winter squash. I've already got two squash roasted & in the freezer,and I have a pie pumpkin waiting to be dealt with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a pie pumpkin at the store today - I didn't know there was differences in pumpkins. Neat! I hope you have fun with it! :)

      Delete
  5. I hate pumpkin. I can't help it. And every year, I feel like I should really give it another try because everyone else freaks out over it. Can't do it.
    I'm right with you on all those other things though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about pumpkin spice (no actual pumpkin) - just a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice? Pumpkin by itself doesn't really have a lot of flavour to me. I added some to a latte I made once, but I really only needed the spice. And now I make my pumpkin pies with sweet potatoes.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy