There was a sale on sweet potatoes and I got a pile of them. The ones I didn't already enjoy, I put in this serving bowl and took this nice photo of them. I love love love sweet potatoes and don't think I could ever have too many in the house. Most of these will end up mashed as sides to meals, but I'm setting a few of them aside to finally try making sweet potato pie. I've looked at dozens of recipes over the past few days and I think I've narrowed down the one I want to try. Getting excited!

Though not as glamorous as some of my other #FoodPicFriday contributions, this photo still brings me a lot of joy to look at it.


Posted by Jen B On Friday, January 24, 2014 9 comments

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorites as well. Soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've never tried it before but I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard such wonderful things.

      Delete
  3. OMG!!!!! My all-time fave tuber. I love sweet potatoes. Sometimes referred to as yams. But yams are NOT sweet and they are white/cream inside. My mom, the BEST ever sweet potato pie maker. Now I'm trying to follow in her footsteps. OK, that said. There are many, many recipes concerning this dish - my fave. Ingredients: Sweet potatoes (of course), butter (lots), sugar, cinnamon, some nutmeg (be careful too much nutmeg can be disastrous, you have to have someone near by to test the batter), milk (some use evaporated can milk, I never do or did but I heard it works just as well as whole milk - please, to have the most delicious pie, do not use low-fat, or fake food-stuff), true vanilla extract, eggs. Good luck, and let me know how it turns out. If you need any more info, let me know. Enjoy. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet potato pie recipe. The one I'm going to follow is pretty similar. I tend to use a lot of full fat everything in my baking. Totally makes the end result taste amazing.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy