A friend of mine is marking one year free of cigarettes today and is having a get together to celebrate. According to her count, over the past year she did not smoke 9500 cigarettes! That is amazing! I bet her lungs feel great!

A congratulatory card was needed to commemorate her achievement. Over the past few months I have gotten out of the habit of making my own cards, but I've been socializing with quite a few card making bloggers recently and it has inspired me to get back into it.

For this card I did a spin on the saying 'quitters never win', changing it up to 'quitters always win", as they always do when they quit smoking!




When I first looked at the finished card I thought the design looked like a quilting square. I quickly read over the words and it looked like it said 'quilters always win'.  It is true that quilters always win. The way the card turned out may mean that I'm subconsciously into quilters, but I accept that.

So a big congratulations to my friend celebrating her 1st year smoke free! And many more to come!

Posted by Jen B On Saturday, March 30, 2013 12 comments

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and Congrats!!!! Thank you for stopping by Deezy Does It! (http://deezydoesiteezy.blogspot.com/) and linking up. Be sure to continue coming every Friday :-)
    xx xo,
    Deezy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for stopping by too! And thanks for hosting the link up! It is so neat to see so many blogs in one place!

      Delete
  3. Best. Card. EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tab! I'm really glad she liked it! :)

      Delete
  4. Cool card! And such a thoughtful gesture. I'm sure your friend appreciates it.

    Thanks for being a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thanks for following too! Nice to meet you! :)

      Delete
  5. Outstanding!! Give her a high five from me another quitter!!! I love the wording on the card, great job:))

    Now following via GFC:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - thanks for stopping by the blog and for the nice wishes! Much appreciated. Thanks for following! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy