It's been so cold that I abandoned my desire to knit a balaclava, and went ahead and bought one at the Canadian Tire. Trying on a balaclava at a retail store is a little awkward, as every image I have in my head of people wearing them in a store is when they are about to rob the place. Luckily I didn't have to try the balaclava on very long to know I loved it - the hot pink won me over. Score! At the check out this hat rang up as "childs", so I guess it is confirmed that I have a small head because it fits perfectly.

The balaclava does what it's supposed to do too, as I was brave enough to test it on a cold day earlier this week. The uncovered space around my eyes still gets a little too cold for long walks, but at least I can go outside for little jaunts now.

The funny thing about getting your photo taken while wearing a ski mask? I'm still smiling as wide as ever. Can you tell?


Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. This is great. Looks like you had fun, even better.

    What's for supper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to have whatever fun I can have this winter!

      Tonight we are having fish and chips. Looking forward to it. :)

      Delete
    2. I love, love, love fish and chips. So flippin' good.

      We went with salad to use up our croutons and I made a batch of pepperoni rolls to go with it. Was very good. Having the same thing tonight for supper.

      Delete
    3. I love supper that is so good you can eat it two days in a row. Awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I can tell. Pretty in pink. I like it. As far as the robber thing goes - good that you didn't buy black. Stay warm. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am trying my hardest to stay warm this winter. It's a cold one! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy