Gary has a strong love of sweets. She loves caramel corn, banana bread, muffins, and pancakes, to name just a few. I don't let her have these treats because (a) they're mine, and (b) she doesn't brush her teeth. I have never known a cat to like so many baked goods, and I have a theory that she is actually after the butter contained in them. This week she was very interested in buttercream frosting.

As I frosted my Mint Chocolate Swirl Cupcakes, Gary was sitting close by, eyeing any potential for the buttercream to become hers.


She does this adorable thing where she puts one paw on the table, a clear indicator of her intention, but also a sign of self control, as she holds herself back from getting entirely on the table (she knows she is not allowed on the table). But just her paw? Just a paw is fine, right?


Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. So cute! One of my cats does the same thing. Just one paw. And I agree that it might be the butter. What is it with cats and their love of butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but mine really loves it. If I set it out to be at room temperature, it better be in a high place, or my cat will try to get at it.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, just one paw. That's all. Love that. I love having pets, they are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think just as long as one paw is still on the chair.... the cat's not really on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I can't, really! She gets away with everything around here.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy