I met some friends in Midland last week for some late afternoon beverages and treats. We went to Ciboulette Et Cie, which has a wide choice of in-house baked goods to try. This was only my second visit to Ciboulette (I posted about my first visit here), and I have to say I love their food. Plus I always wanted to try a homemade marshmallow (see below) and they had a few on display to choose from.

My friend Jen ordered a chai latte and a single-serving Baileys cheesecake. She commented that the latte was the best one she'd ever had.


Up close Baileys cheesecake. (The Baileys is an Irish cream flavour).


My friend Bobby got a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. It was as big as a small plate, so you know it was good.


I ordered a mint tea (with local mint, apparently), and a homemade mint marshmallow that was dipped in dark chocolate.


The marshmallow was awkward to eat (it was really big!), but don't worry, I managed. I might even try making them at home sometime. Especially love the chocolate dip. Nice touch.


Posted by Jen B On Friday, March 27, 2015 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. The cheesecake would be beyond delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so enraptured with my marshmallow I forgot to sample my friend's cheesecake. I bet it was beyond delicious as well!

      Delete
  2. *gasp* That meal looks so good!!! Holy Moly, I wish I lived a little more north so I could join you.

    You know, I'm not a big marshmallow fan but I bet that mint marshmallow was good. Really, I think it's size is what makes it work. It looked a bit more bite sized than the chocolate chip oatmeal cookie.... hmmmm... so good.

    Man, is it lunchtime yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These treats were all so good. The mint made the marshmallow extra good and being covered in chocolate made it even better. Yummy!!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy