This cake was totally improvised, which made the final result even better. There is a kind of joy in throwing things together and having them work out. It feels really good.

This rectangle (or bar) cake was the result of only wanting half a batch of cupcakes. I made my twelve cupcakes, and decided to make two small square cakes with the rest of the batter. From there I cut each sqaure in half, layered them, and frosted them with peanut butter buttercream. I drizzled melted dark chocolate chips over the top and sides of the cake to add some flare. I topped the cake with some chocolate numbers to signify the big 4-0.

Overall, a pretty fantastic cake!







Posted by Jen B On Friday, February 20, 2015 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this. Sounds like you had fun and what a great way to extend batter. And the work you did on the finished piece is fantastic.

    Well, done you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much Ivy. Your comment is so nice. I love this cake. It is one of my most favourite cakes ever. I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Pretty! Bet it tasted good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted amazing. I love chocolate and peanut butter. Plus the dark chocolate drizzled on top was soooooo good! Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  3. What an amazing cake. Looks so moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying so! It was wonderful!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy