Over the weekend I made some homemade chicken soup and some homemade buns for soup and sandwich night. I've posted about the soup here, and I thought it was about time I posted my bun recipe. Using my hand-me-down and awesome bread maker, these buns are so easy to make and a weekly staple in our house. I've also used this bun recipe many times for dinner rolls, making 24 rolls instead of 12 buns.

Home Made Buns (adapted from Sanyo's The Home Bakery Book, 1988)

4 cups all purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine, softened
2 tbs milk
2 eggs, each added with water to measure 3/4 cups (or use yolk only, if desired)
2 tsp active dry yeast

1. Place ingredients in bread machine pot in order listed. Let stand 5 minutes. Use DOUGH setting and press start. Dough will be complete in 1 hour 15 minutes.


2. Remove dough from bread maker and place in a greased bowl, turning to coat.


3. Let rise 20-30 minutes.


4. Punch down dough and shape into 12 buns. I like to use a scale to get them all about the same size.


5. Let rise 20-30 minutes.


6. Bake at 375°F for 10-13 minutes.


Enjoy as part of a soup and sandwich combo for maximum enjoyment.


Posted by Jen B On Monday, October 27, 2014 9 comments

9 comments:

  1. Probably not a good idea to be eating those with a dog around. Unless you can resist mooching eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I stick to cats! :) Although the mooching eyes come out for so many things anyway!

      Delete
  2. Num, num, num.

    I made dinner rolls tonight and chicken soup over the weekend. We are a spooky pair, but it's been that way from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being in sync with you. It is one of my favourite things. I hope your chicken soup made you feel better!

      Delete
    2. It is fun. And we don't even know we're doing it.

      Delete
  3. MMmmmmmm....everything looks so good! I LOVE homemade buns, especially when they are hot from the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the joys of a break maker! Those looks fantastic. I use mine to knead and proof dough all the time. Gotta dust mine off. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you made something awesome! I have baguette dough going in mine today.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy