It's Boxing Day here in Canada. It's a statutory holiday, and much like Black Friday in the U.S., retailers advertise "crazy deals" and people leave their homes at 6am to go and get them. In the snow. Still full of turkey. I am not one of those people.

As with the pre-Christmas sales, there was nothing in any of the flyers that would encourage me to get out of bed so early to fight traffic and crowds to get a deal. Plus if I was out shopping, I wouldn't be able to eat all these treats.


Are you out trying to get deals today? If so, what did you get?


Posted by Jen B On Thursday, December 26, 2013 2 comments

2 comments:

  1. I never knew what boxing day was, now I do. Thanks for explaining it.

    No going out for us. Though Tim did hit the market for me on the ride home from work on Christmas Eve, just a few things. One of them was uncured bacon. We had it this morning. Love that stuff.

    Your treats look very good.

    Got snow? We do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I generally never shop that day - just treat it as an extra day to sleep and eat. :)

      We have so much snow and until yesterday it was really, really cold. Just had 2 days above freezing, so I got some walks in and some of the snow melted. The temp is dropping back down tonight though - so probably a lot of ice on the roads tomorrow. Winter is lots of fun around here!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy