To add to the festive week I've been having, my mother-in-law treated us to some turkey take out from The Kozy Kitchen in Elmvale. It's a small town greasy spoon type restaurant, full of comfort foods and home style cooking. As I love preparing a big homemade turkey dinner, I wasn't sure what the take out version would be like. All in all it was quite good. It didn't come with stuffing (what?!), but there was a whole heap of turkey (far more than I would normally eat, as my plate is usually loaded with too many sides to fit a lot of meat). The gravy had a nice light flavour and the potatoes were fresh and yummy. Even the peas and carrots tasted good!


Posted by Jen B On Friday, December 06, 2013 5 comments

5 comments:

  1. That's good that the out food tasted okay. I'm so flippin' picky when I go out.

    Got dough proving as I type. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda picky too. Take out is always a treat for us, so I want it to taste good. I have been known to order the same thing time after time at restaurants. I know what I like! :)

      Delete
    2. Do you guys have a Cheddar's? They do a mean chicken and waffles.

      Delete
    3. No Cheddar's here. Still haven't tried chicken and waffles. It is on my list of things to try, so sometime I will!

      Delete
    4. I could not remember if I asked you or not. My bad. Yes, very good stuff. Once I get my old waffle iron straightened out, I'm going to give it a go, at home.

      Beats paying the prices.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy