I'm working on my second 28 day reboot, the goal of which is to amp up my physical activity, mainly through walking. I have a semi broken pedometer, and while I'm waiting to order a Fitbit (because I love stats), I have been going out on timed walks and enjoying the shit out of the beautiful weather we are having.

Week one: 2.75 hours walked

Week two: 4 hours walked

Week three (current): I already have over 3 hours walked! Today will take me to the 4 hour mark, and I still have 3 days left in the week. Very, very pleased with myself.

I found a great route that I've been walking that varies between 50 and 75 minutes, depending on which turns I take (or don't take). There is a public washroom ideally located at the midway point, which allows me to be out on longer walks without worrying about having to pee.

My body has adjusted to all the walking and I haven't woken up with that exhausted, can't-hardly-move feeling in a few weeks. Also my aches and pains are at a minimum (I've been doing post walk stretches, which I think are helping). The bonus of all the walks is that I've been getting great sleeps and soaking up a tonne of fall sunshine. Which allows for the greatest bonus of all: feeling pretty damn good!

Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks buddy! :) Did my walk and then did a big grocery shop. Think I'll put my feet up for a while tonight.

      Delete
    2. Feet up and resting. Very fun thing to do. Especially whist
      drinking pumpkin spice lattes.

      Delete
    3. I think I am going to drink them year round now that I know how to make them.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy