I spent much of the weekend in bed fighting something off. And even though I spent most of my time laying down, sleep only came in pockets, so I am completely wiped today. And grumpy. And probably cranky too.

The crummy thing about me feeling bad is that it was John's birthday over the weekend. I had a plan to make a new cake recipe, but just did not have the energy to do it. We ended up having a store bought cake to celebrate, but I have to say I have had waaaaayyyy better store bought cakes. You know I'm grumpy if I am getting mad at cake!

Also realized over the weekend that our car is making a sound that we can't ignore. I'm taking it into the mechanic today and hoping it just needs a little something and not a whole lottta something.

There is some good news to report: I finished my first week of my second 28 day reboot. I am no longer relying on my mostly broken pedometer, so have been gauging my progress on timed walks. Last week I was "on a walk" for 165 minutes (2.75 hours). My goal for the second week is 4 hours of walking. I'm hoping to do more than that, but setting my goal realistically (seeing as I'm starting the week off tired and cranky). But I will be walking back from the mechanic shortly, so at least that is something.

How was your weekend? What is the best store bought cake you ever had? Mine was a huge slab cake we got from Zehrs in Barrie for my parents 25th wedding anniversary. It was delicious. I found a photo of it and it made me smile, so maybe I'm going to beat this grump after all.



Posted by Jen B On Monday, September 23, 2013 14 comments

14 comments:

  1. Happy Late Birthday to John. I'm sorry you're not feeling too well. I always find it hard when I'm fighting something and then can't get proper rest.

    Best store bought cake would be something called bittersweet coffee cake made at a bakery on the east coast. So good. So so so so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

      Not sleeping is so frustrating, especially when I know sleep will be the thing to make it all better. I think I should sleep better tonight.

      That cake sounds amazing. Mmmmmm.....

      Delete
    2. I made chocolate covered banana slices tonight. Will post about them. They were good but too much chocolate in the first batch. Will redo them and take pictures.

      Then I made chocolate raisin skull molds. They are still setting.

      Speaking of sleep. Yours is my last blog for the night. Here's hoping we both sleep through the night.

      Cheers and boogie boogie.

      Delete
    3. Hope you had a great night of sleep too! I have slept pretty great the last few days and happy to get a 60 minute walk in yesterday. Also, I saw your chocolate skulls! Really neat!

      Delete
    4. Woohoo on the 60 minute walk. I can't wait to be able to do some real walking again. Those skulls were made from ice cubes trays, yes. Over the weekend I got food paint brushes so I can make them again but nicer and with jammy brains.

      Delete
    5. Jammy brains! That is super fun. The weather has been so nice this week I have been walking like crazy. And then I sleep great and wake up itching to get back out there. Turns out getting exercise and sunshine makes me feel really good! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on all your walking as well. I meant to mention that straight away but then I started to think about that cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake can be very distracting! :) Thanks for your support. Crisp weather is here and that is my favourite weather to walk in. Love, love, love fall walks.

      Delete
    2. I love it too. Even though I just walked around stores today, it was still nice to be out. Then I got the take the pups for half a walk. Still not strong enough for treadmill yet.

      Soon, I hope.

      Delete
    3. That is great that you are walking around stores and going on puppy walks. Every bit counts! You can do a lot of steps in stores I recently learned. Good for you! You will get there! :)

      Delete
    4. We are looking into getting me out of my job and into something not damaging.

      Delete
    5. Thinking about you. I hope the transition into something different is as smooth as it can be.

      Delete
  3. I think the best cake I've ever had is the one that I got Jeff for the brunch the day after our wedding.. it was just a store bought white cake, but it had Star Wars stuff on the top. Or maybe I was just really happy that day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! A Star Wars cake does sound pretty amazing. I find my mood can enhance how food tastes, so if you were super blissed out from your wedding, your cake enjoyment might have got amped up! Glad you had a happy day with some great cake! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy