I finished my 28 day reboot on the weekend and then immediately started a new one. Habits take time to stick with me, and setting another four weeks of walking goals will keep me moving. Plus as the seasons change, I will have to be extra motivated to get outside when the temperature dips below zero. My main goal is to develop good walking habits now and maintain them over the winter.

Here are the results of my 28 day reboot, step-wise:

Week one: 37,321 steps

Week two: 55,839 steps

Week three: 39,330 steps

Week four: 39,692 steps

I haven't gotten up to 70,000 steps/week, but I am consistently getting more than 5500 steps per day and have walked far more in the past month than I did most of the summer. I have had some low energy days where I couldn't get more than 2000 steps, but because I have a goal in place, I keep getting back out there.

Things I have done to stay motivated/get more steps in my day:

• Listen to an audiobook while walking
• Plan different routes for variety
• Make a simple trip to the store/library walk focused by walking around town before or after
• When reading, walk for around 5 minutes at the end of each chapter
• If I don't think I have the energy to get to 10,000 steps in a day, try to get at least 5000
• Walk when I first get up

A demotivater I ran into on the weekend: I'm pretty sure my pedometer is broken. I dropped it onto some concrete and it bounced unhappily and hasn't been counting properly since. I have been thinking of getting a new one (one that costs more than $6), and am seriously looking into the Fitbit. Until I take the plunge and make a big purchase, I am going to be judging my activity by the time or distance I walk. This morning I walked for 55 minutes when I first got up, which made me pretty proud of myself. I can do about 1000 steps in ten minutes, so my walk was about 5500 steps. I find it hard to measure the time I walk outside of a planned walk, but I've decided I'm not going to stress too much about the daily count. My walking goals for the next four weeks are to get outside for at least an hour a day, and if it's in the morning, even better!

Posted by Jen B On Monday, September 16, 2013 14 comments

14 comments:

  1. I talked to someone who has a Fitbit. She loves it! And...from what I understand, they replace it if it's lost or broken (at least hers was replaced and she lost it at a convention!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's neat. I have only heard good things about them. I think it is only a matter of time before I get one. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how well you did and that we got to hear about it along with the way. Here's to another solid 28 days.

    Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am feeling great about the last 28 days and really looking forward to the next 28. Thanks for being here with me. :)

      Delete
    2. Did you get your Halloween mug yet? I was going for more fall mugs but when I saw the white and fun just a tad off shapes of my new set, I had to get them. Plus, they will stay out all year.

      And the spiced chocolate latte with vanilla and brown sugar was so good in that mug. Oh my gosh. Heaven. How did I pay cafe prices for these drinks before?

      Time for me to hit the slab. Have a groovy day. Cheers and boogie boogie.

      Delete
    3. Those dishes are perfect to stay out all year. Love the shape of them. I have yet to get my Halloween mug, but I'm sure all the stores are filled with Halloween goodies for when I go looking. :)

      Delete
    4. I have two that I no longer use but they don't have a good feel to them. They were given to me, but I can't cup my hands around. They are a bit off. Otherwise, I'd send them to you.

      Delete
    5. That is so nice of you. :) We are going in tomorrow to pick up some things and I going to try and find a nice solid mug. I'll post it if I get one.

      Delete
    6. I gotta admit when I was shopping for new plates and mugs, I did look to see if they had Halloween ones out, but they didn't. Had they, and they felt good, I would have shipped one to you.

      A little Fall Equinox gift.

      Delete
    7. You are so thoughtful, Ivy. I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends; thanks for being one of them!

      We didn't get out today to go mug shopping but I made a date with my mom to go to Barrie (our nearest city). A "seasonal store" with "pretty things" (according to my mom) just opened up and she says there is Halloween stuff. Excited to check it out sometime next week.

      Delete
  3. Way to go! I am impressed by your step counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tasha! I am really happy with them too! :)

      Delete
  4. Good for you, Jen! Setting realistic goals is definitely one of the ways to stay on track and not get discouraged. You know where I stand on the Fitbit issue (love mine!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Realistic goals are the good ones. I feel quite happy about my walking lately. And all signs are pointing to fitbit. I think it will be the motivation I need when there is snow out there.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy