Numbers are pretty cool. I like when they line up in fun ways, like when the time is 12:34pm or the date is 11/12/13. It's fun. I knew I had a string of numbers coming up on my odometer, and with a trip to Barrie yesterday, I knew it was going to happen. I was ready with my camera and a mental note of how many KM I had left before I hit it.

I had about 19 km to go when I left Mom's last night. I Google mapped where that would put me on my drive home, and kept my eye on the odometer. About 2 km from the number string, I turned down a side road and drove out of the way for a klick, feeling far more comfortable taking pictures on a lightly traveled side road than on the main highway. If you were driving around Fergusonvale last night, I was the one on the side of the road taking photos of her dashboard.

Here it my Number Nerd string in all it's glory:


I learned about Number Nerd being a thing from Anne Wheaton, so obviously I had to tweet her my photo. The following is her response, which I love forever.

Isn't life fun?

Posted by Jen B On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. I am into numbers as well. They are fun. Love that you had your camera on the ready for this photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I packed my camera the night before to make sure I didn't forget it. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of MILES, too! What kind of car?

    I remember when our '84 Cavalier Wagon went over 100,000 miles (this was in 1991). We were moving from Alabama to Ohio. My husband was driving in front. I flashed my lights and honked my horn to let him know it happened! Nowadays, 100,000 miles is NOTHING, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rocking a cute little Mazda and we are km up here, so it really is only 215,000 miles...which is still a lot! HA! But we are taking good care of it and the engine is still going strong! We are doing some repairs this week, but happy to keep this car going for as long as we can! :)

      Love your 100,000 miles story - it is still cool when you hit numbers like that, but I guess we're all trying to make cars last longer and longer. Hoping ours does!

      Delete
  3. Hahaa!! I love it when this happens, too!! And when I had my first car, my boyfriend at the time and one of his friends noticed that I was thisclose to rolling over to 100,000kms, so we drove around a parking lot until it actually changed. Then, we cheered, high-fived each other and went home, satisfied with our bumpin' Wednesday night. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Amazing. I love that you drove around until it changed and had car high fives. Good times! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy