Before I made the Reese's fudge, I had 24 peanut butter cups just sitting on my baking shelf waiting to be used. Social plans were changed, so I had to delay making the fudge and I also had to keep myself from snacking on the peanut butter cups. When I went to make the fudge, somehow there were only 18 of the 24 peanut butter cups left. To be fair, I'm rather proud that I only ate 6, as they were sitting in my house for a few weeks.

I have a few recipes I want to make this summer, and already have a lot of the ingredients on hand, which is becoming a daily test for me. The Oreos and marshmallow fluff like to call my name periodically, and it gets me thinking about how delicious they are, and how we could always just pick up another bag of Oreos if they got eaten. I have to force myself to remember that I love baking and pretty soon there will be some sort of reason to bake something awesome. And tell myself to just leave the ingredients alone.

One day soon I might have to put a drape over the baking shelf so I forget what's on it.


This is my (almost) current stash of baking supplies. Since this photo was taken, the Reese cups have vanished (why are they so good?). Not pictured in this pile of awesome are my candy melts (which are temptingly bite sized), my four cans of sweetened condensed milk, a giant thing of cream cheese (for icing purposes), and a few more cake mixes that wouldn't fit in the photo.

Wish me luck friends! Or invite me over so I can make something awesome out of this stuff! :)

Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4 comments

4 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy