Happy 146th Birthday Canada! 


So obviously I made cupcakes to celebrate. I got some really festive maple leaf sprinkles at Bulk Barn and made some white chocolate maple leaves for cupcake toppers. It was my first time making a chocolate cake topper, and I have to say I just love them. I've been super inspired by all the amazing chocolate decorating over at Sugar Swings! Serve Some, and I followed her method for how to make these maple leaves. I printed out the image I wanted, taped it to the table, and put a piece of parchment paper over top. Then I just traced the image underneath using melted chocolate. Once hardened, I flipped the chocolate piece over and showcased the flat side. I love the way they look and I can't wait to try it again.


If you are on a long weekend, I hope you are having a great one! Cheers!

Posted by Jen B On Monday, July 01, 2013 2 comments

2 comments:

  1. Now I have 'O Canada' stuck in my head. Damn you, hockey, for teaching me that song! *shakes fist*

    Anyway...your cupcakes are so pretty! I can't believe you made the leaves! They looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song is definitely an earworm! lol!

      Thanks so much for your cupcake compliment. You know what? I can't believe I made the leaves either! I never know how things are going to work out when I try them, but I was so pleased with these. I think they are some of the classiest cupcakes I've ever decorated. :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy