I love making fudge with sweetened condensed milk, and have made several varieties over the past few years. One of the first flavours I tried was Reese's Fudge and I wanted to make it again, but I kept forgetting to pick up Reese's peanut butter cups. At some point I got the bright idea that I could make the peanut butter cups instead of buying them and that is exactly what I did. My sister-in-law has an awesome peanut butter cup recipe and I used it to make peanut butter patties for this recipe. I worked out the difference, and I saved over $3 in peanut butter cups by just making the patties at home. Win!

For the Peanut Butter Patties:
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tbs + 2 tsp brown sugar
1 tbs margarine
1/3 cup icing sugar

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls (makes approx. 25 balls). Chill them in the fridge for 3 hours. Remove from fridge and slightly flatten to form patties.


For the Fudge:
3 cups milk chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (300 ml)
1 cup chopped peanuts
1 tsp vanilla
25 homemade peanut butter patties

Add chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to saucepan over medium heat.


Heat until melted together. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.


Pour about a 1/4 of the mixture into a prepared 8x8 baking dish. Ensure the bottom is completely covered.

Place peanut butter patties onto the already poured fudge. Then cover them with the rest of the chocolate mixture.


Top with chopped peanuts, pressing gently to adhere to chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator. I always chill my fudge overnight for best results.


Once chilled, cut fudge into pieces for eating and sharing. This one is pretty great for both!




Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 5 comments

5 comments:

  1. Even though allergies won't allow, if I could, I'd give these a go.

    Hope you're having a great day. I'm getting my butt geared up for chores so tomorrow, it'll be all about baking dog treats and practicing videos.

    So fun.

    Hey, did you ever think about shooting a video for your blog? Would you do that? I'm thinking once I get started, I'll have fun with it. Didn't know if it was something you'd consider or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes video things I see or do (this is my youtube channel), but I don't think I'm interested in starring in any. But I'm super excited for you when you start doing it! :)

      Delete
    2. Not sure what I'll do, but I did laugh at the starring bit. Not so much for me, either.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I shared these with friends so I wouldn't eat too much on my own. They were really, really, good! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy