April 2015 will mark my 5th anniversary of blogging on My Adorable Small Town Life. Holy shitsnacks!

Over the years I have posted regularly on the blog (2013), irregularly (2012), and a mixture between regularly and irregularly (2014).

My goal this year is to have a blog up at least Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Three days a week instead of five will help me be more consistent, and at that rate I will still total around 150 posts by year's end (a good number, I think).

My preferred way to blog is to write my posts in advance and schedule them, which is what I will continue to do this year. The odd time I'll write the same day I post, but mostly I'll stick to scheduling.

There is also a shiny new "Subscribe By Email" button in the right hand side bar of the blog (just above my Twitter feed). So if you want posts to go strait to your inbox, feel free to subscribe. On post days, the emails are sent out around 7:00am (EST).

Happy Blogging in 2015!


Posted by Jen B On Monday, January 12, 2015 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have lots of fun with your new blogging goal.

    PS: I like both live and preset posts. Lately I've been doing more live ones, which for me are fun. To just sit and spit out whatever. But the scheduled one are nice for days when I know I'll be offline, most of that day.

    Happy Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - happy blogging!! I don't mind live posts - they are fun and I'm sure there will be some I do this year - I just know I'm more likely to post if I do it in advance.

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, I totally get that. And because of you there's a blogging calendar near my writing desk (along with an Autumn postcard from you).

      So thanks, for both of those things :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on five years. I hit that last November and can't believe I've been doing it this long.
    Wish I could preschedule posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for the comment! Congrats to you as well. Time flew for me, I too can't believe it has been this long.

      Delete
  3. Five years is quite a mark, and I tend to post in the writing blog three times a week, so it does come up to a hundred and fifty or so, which is a good number for the year. I do preschedule and write my writing blog in advance- that helps as opposed to doing it at the last minute. My photoblog tends to be in advance, though sometimes not so far in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great about 150 - I agree that is good. I will like hitting that goal. That is neat that you write in advance as well. It is the process that works best for me.

      "not so far in advance" is a problem I have sometimes too! :) But I'm really trying to make the most of posting in advance, that way if something comes up I will still have some posts ready.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy