I visited with Mom yesterday and she surprised me with a basket full of cheese, tea, and chocolate. She put it together herself, even shredding pieces of Christmas paper to make a bed of confetti for all the treats. Isn't she the best? I would have taken a photo but I was waaaaayyyy too excited to tear open my tea (Twinings Earl Grey), put the cheese in the fridge, and put the chocolate in my face.

Because of this wonderful gift, today I woke up with Gouda in my fridge. I knew I wanted to have some sort of sammie with it for lunch, so I Googled some ideas. I found this blog post that blended spinach, avocado, and Gouda for use in a kick ass grilled cheese. My bread options were limited, so I decided to eat mine as an open face sandwich.

I added a few handfuls of spinach to my mini food processor, and pulsed it until it was nice and chopped. Then I added half an avocado and pulsed it a few times to mix it with the spinach. Lastly, I added some chopped Gouda (thanks Mom!) and processed it until it looked spreadable.


I scooped my mixture onto a toasted bagel and then broiled it for about five minutes in the oven.



Yummy!

I'm also currently making some baguette dough in the bread maker so that I can eat more wonderful and fancy cheese with fancy bread.


Posted by Jen B On Monday, December 01, 2014 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. Gouda's really the cheese I grew up with, either as it was or spiced. My parents had come from a Dutch background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. So great. Welcome back and YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy